Parent Advisory Committee
The Oakland Schools Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) represents each local education agency or public school academy (LEA/PSA) within Oakland County. Parent representatives have a child/children with a disability(ies) and are appointed by the LEA's/PSA's and Oakland County School Boards. The committee participates in the development and review of the Oakland Schools County Plan for Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services. The PAC also provides advisory input on matters regarding improvement of Special Education services within the intermediate school district (ISD).
The West Bloomfield School District is currently in search of parents interested in participating in our Parent Advisory Committee. Interested parties should contact the Supervisor for Student Support services, Kim Cieszynski, at (248) 452-1136 or you can email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a full continuum of services and options to all special education students that maintains excellence and equity and that is ever respectful in providing for the unique needs of each child.
What We Do
We hold meetings during the school year. As PAC members we:
- Attend and participate at scheduled meetings. Share information and ideas with our members and others.
- Cooperate in the development and review of the Oakland County Special Education Plan.
- Provide families opportunities to be informed of special education processes.
- Mentor new PAC members.
- Encourage effective partnerships between families and schools.
- Disseminate information about our group and current issues in special education